Three ULFA militants arrested
Nalbari (Assam): Three ULFA militants have been arrested from the two neighbouring districts of Nalbari and Baksa, police said today.
Acting on a tip-off, police arrested the trio from Panigaon, Mularkuchi and Merkuchi villages under Belsor and Barama police stations of the districts last night.
The arrested have been identified as Mridul Ali, Mridul Hajarika and Samarjit Sarma alias Tuppu.
The militants were allegedly engaged in recruiting more youths for the outfit, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video