Two get death sentence for double murder in Assam
Karimganj (Assam): Two persons were sentenced to death and two others given life term by a court here in a double murder case.
Hijjur Rehman and Salim Uddin were awarded capital punishment by Chief Judicial Magistrate JL Choudhury for killing Naz Ahmed (22) in February and his father six months later on July 6 last year.
While Hussain Ahmed and Raju Ahmed -- were awarded life sentence, two other accused Sultan Ahmed and Rajani Talukdar would have to undergo 10 years Rigorous Imprisonment.
Following disputes with Naz Ahmed over business dealings, the accused killed him in February last year and murdered his father and district All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) president Tufail Ali six months later as he had witnessed his son`s killing, according to prosecution.
The accused, hailing from Meghalaya, were arrested with seven others, who were later acquitted for lack of evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery