Two get death sentence for double murder in Assam
Karimganj (Assam): Two persons were sentenced to death and two others given life term by a court here in a double murder case.
Hijjur Rehman and Salim Uddin were awarded capital punishment by Chief Judicial Magistrate JL Choudhury for killing Naz Ahmed (22) in February and his father six months later on July 6 last year.
While Hussain Ahmed and Raju Ahmed -- were awarded life sentence, two other accused Sultan Ahmed and Rajani Talukdar would have to undergo 10 years Rigorous Imprisonment.
Following disputes with Naz Ahmed over business dealings, the accused killed him in February last year and murdered his father and district All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) president Tufail Ali six months later as he had witnessed his son`s killing, according to prosecution.
The accused, hailing from Meghalaya, were arrested with seven others, who were later acquitted for lack of evidences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug