ULFA militant killed in Assam encounter
Guwahati: A suspected ULFA militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Tinsukia district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of a group of five ULFA cadres in Hebeda village, police launched an operation in the area.
In an ensuing encounter the militant was killed while others managed to escape.
The slain militant was identified as Debojit Duara alias Wangli Asom. His elder brother, also a suspected ULFA militant, was killed in an encounter in 2007.
Police recovered a grenade and some ammunition from the slain militant.
A massive combing operation was launched in the area to arrest other militants who managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug