ULFA militant killed in Assam encounter
Guwahati: A suspected ULFA militant was killed in an encounter with security forces in Assam`s Tinsukia district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of a group of five ULFA cadres in Hebeda village, police launched an operation in the area.
In an ensuing encounter the militant was killed while others managed to escape.
The slain militant was identified as Debojit Duara alias Wangli Asom. His elder brother, also a suspected ULFA militant, was killed in an encounter in 2007.
Police recovered a grenade and some ammunition from the slain militant.
A massive combing operation was launched in the area to arrest other militants who managed to escape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!