AIIMS-Patna to start this year: Govt
Patna: Union Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Thursday announced that the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) - Patna would start this year itself.
"I have directed the concerned officials to complete the remaining work of the medical college in the next two to three months. Hope that medical college would start this year," Azad told media after inspecting the under-construction site of AIIMS-Patna here.
Azad said the hospital would take some time to be operational.
"By next year, the hospital would be operational," he said.
Azad lauded the quality of materials being used in the construction of the AIIMS here.
"I am satisfied with the quality of materials."
However, Azad warned the contractors engaged in construction of AIIMs that the government has decided to award and punish them on the basis of their work on time.
"If contractors engaged in construction of AIIMS across the country, delayed the work, the government would impose penalty," said Azad.
"In case they complete work on time, they would be awarded," Azad added.
Nearly ten days ago Chief Minister Nitish Kumar also visited the site and directed its early completion.
The central government in 2006 decided to set up six AIIMS-like institutes across the country, including at Patna, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Jaipur and Rishikesh.
In 2009, the government had further decided to set up two more AIIMS-like institutes at Raiganj in West Bengal and Rae Bareli in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read