‘Bihar govt to employ 1 lakh health workers’
Patna: The Nitish Kumar government would employ one lakh health workers and 5,000 doctors during the next financial year, state Health Minister Ashwini Kumar
Choubey said on Thursday.
Apart from appointing the doctors, the government would
recruit about 55,000 paramedic staff, 35,000 nurses and
10,000 swasthya mitras, Choubey said.
The health workers would be posted in additional primary
health centre, primary health centres and district hospitals,
The minister also announced that his department would
take all possible measures to open a kidney transplant unit at
the Indira Gandhi Institute of Medical Sciences here.
Choubey said super speciality departments in all the
medical colleges would be strengthened.
In 2011, the state government made a significant
achievement in making Bihar a polio-free state. "Not a single
case of poliomyelitis has been reported in the state in the
current year," he said.
The minister said routine immunisation, which was 18.6
per cent in 2005, too had risen to 66.8 per cent this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened