Bihar marching towards glory: Shatrughan
Patna: Lauding performance of the NDA
government in Bihar, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Friday
said the state is making rapid strides on the path of
development to regain its past glory after "darkness".
"Bihar is on the path of recovery from days of darkness
to regain its past glory," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from
Patna Sahib said.
The eastern state is observing three-day Bihar Diwas,
beginning yesterday, to mark 100 years of its existence since
its formation in 1912.
Taking a pot shot at the previous RJD regime, Sinha said
the state`s image had touched its nadir due to poor law and
order situation and non-development in all sectors.
Bihar which gave first republic to the world in Lichvi
dynasty in Vaishali district, first President to Independent
India in Rajendra Prasad and was considered an international
seat of learning because of Nalanda University, had drawn a
bad name due to 15-years of "misrule" of Lalu Prasad`s RJD, he
The JD(U)-BJP coalition government under Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar has succeeded in shedding the "bad image" and
carved out a new place for the state through its progressive
activities, he said.
"Days are not far off when Bihar will be sitting along
with developed states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat and
Tamil Nadu," Sinha, popularly known as `Bihari Babu`, said
referring to Bihar`s over 12 per cent annual growth rate.
The actor-turned-BJP leader said he receives numerous
messages daily within the country and also abroad seeking to
know about the growth story of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional