Bihar marching towards glory: Shatrughan
Patna: Lauding performance of the NDA
government in Bihar, actor-politician Shatrughan Sinha on Friday
said the state is making rapid strides on the path of
development to regain its past glory after "darkness".
"Bihar is on the path of recovery from days of darkness
to regain its past glory," Sinha, BJP Lok Sabha member from
Patna Sahib said.
The eastern state is observing three-day Bihar Diwas,
beginning yesterday, to mark 100 years of its existence since
its formation in 1912.
Taking a pot shot at the previous RJD regime, Sinha said
the state`s image had touched its nadir due to poor law and
order situation and non-development in all sectors.
Bihar which gave first republic to the world in Lichvi
dynasty in Vaishali district, first President to Independent
India in Rajendra Prasad and was considered an international
seat of learning because of Nalanda University, had drawn a
bad name due to 15-years of "misrule" of Lalu Prasad`s RJD, he
The JD(U)-BJP coalition government under Chief Minister
Nitish Kumar has succeeded in shedding the "bad image" and
carved out a new place for the state through its progressive
activities, he said.
"Days are not far off when Bihar will be sitting along
with developed states like Maharashtra, Karnataka, Gujarat and
Tamil Nadu," Sinha, popularly known as `Bihari Babu`, said
referring to Bihar`s over 12 per cent annual growth rate.
The actor-turned-BJP leader said he receives numerous
messages daily within the country and also abroad seeking to
know about the growth story of Bihar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof