Farmer beaten to death in Begusarai
Begusarai: A farmer was beaten to death by
his neighbour at Suja village in Begusarai district of Bihar,
a police officer said on Sunday.
The deceased, identified as Mithilesh Rai (55) was
attacked with iron rod and lathis last night by his neighbour
Bhola Sah and his family members after the former objected to
construction of a house by them on a disputed land, the police
Rai died on the spot.
The victim`s kins have lodged an FIR against Sah and
his family members charging them with Rai`s murder, Kumar
Raids were being carried out to nab the accused
persons who were absconding.
The Rai and Sah families have been locked in a dispute
over the ownership of three kattha of land since 1974, the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa