Karmapa keen to join Nalanda University project
Bodh Gaya: Buddhist Kagyud Lineage 17th
Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorjee has expressed his willingness to
get associated with Nalanda International University Project
if he gets an official invitation.
"Nalanda International University project is an
important attempt to revive Buddhist knowledge and culture. I
am ready to associate with the project provided I get an
official invitation," Dorjee said while talking to reporters
here Sunday evening.
He, however, clarified that he had not received any
formal invitation as yet but he was aware of the project.
"It is a good effort to revive the historic Nalanda
University. I thank all those who have joined the project at
present. It will not only benefit the followers of Buddhism
but also enrich the people with Buddhist tradition, culture
and religion," Dorjee said.
Karmapa further said Nalanda and Vikramshila are two
centres of knowledge and efforts must be made for their
Born in Tibet, Karmapa said the Himalayan country lives
in his heart.
To another question on ED action at a monastery in
Himachal Pradesh, Dorjee said it had affected the freedom of
movement of Agyen Trinley Dorjee, another Karmapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad