Karmapa keen to join Nalanda University project
Bodh Gaya: Buddhist Kagyud Lineage 17th
Karmapa Trinley Thaye Dorjee has expressed his willingness to
get associated with Nalanda International University Project
if he gets an official invitation.
"Nalanda International University project is an
important attempt to revive Buddhist knowledge and culture. I
am ready to associate with the project provided I get an
official invitation," Dorjee said while talking to reporters
here Sunday evening.
He, however, clarified that he had not received any
formal invitation as yet but he was aware of the project.
"It is a good effort to revive the historic Nalanda
University. I thank all those who have joined the project at
present. It will not only benefit the followers of Buddhism
but also enrich the people with Buddhist tradition, culture
and religion," Dorjee said.
Karmapa further said Nalanda and Vikramshila are two
centres of knowledge and efforts must be made for their
Born in Tibet, Karmapa said the Himalayan country lives
in his heart.
To another question on ED action at a monastery in
Himachal Pradesh, Dorjee said it had affected the freedom of
movement of Agyen Trinley Dorjee, another Karmapa.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015