LJP demands CBI inquiry into alleged rape
Patna: Charging Nitish Kumar government with
inefficiency in tackling criminal activities in Bihar, the Lok
Janshakti Party (LJP) today demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged rape and killing of a woman in Nalanda district.
The incident took place on Sunday in which insurance
worker Naresh Varnawal was brutally attacked and one of his
family members allegedly raped and killed by a group of
criminals near Matasi Village on Hilsa Sikandara Road of the
district, according to a release by the party.
Varnawal was returning to Jharia from Rajgir, a tourist
destination, when he was attacked.
"LJP condemns the incident. Bihar Government is
inefficient in checking criminal activities. There is lax
security of people visiting tourist places in the state. The
Lok Janshakti Party demands CBI inquiry into the matter," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH