LJP demands CBI inquiry into alleged rape
Patna: Charging Nitish Kumar government with
inefficiency in tackling criminal activities in Bihar, the Lok
Janshakti Party (LJP) today demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged rape and killing of a woman in Nalanda district.
The incident took place on Sunday in which insurance
worker Naresh Varnawal was brutally attacked and one of his
family members allegedly raped and killed by a group of
criminals near Matasi Village on Hilsa Sikandara Road of the
district, according to a release by the party.
Varnawal was returning to Jharia from Rajgir, a tourist
destination, when he was attacked.
"LJP condemns the incident. Bihar Government is
inefficient in checking criminal activities. There is lax
security of people visiting tourist places in the state. The
Lok Janshakti Party demands CBI inquiry into the matter," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nanolayered composites can open new avenues in materials science: Researchers
- WORLD RECORD: Can Ravichandran Ashwin become the fastest bowler to claim 200 test wickets?
- ‘Abnormal’ foetus abortion case: SC asks for medical exam of alleged rape survivor
- Know what causes balding in men!
- Exclusive: Osama Bin Laden's compound in Abbottabad is at centre of row — Know the controversy