LJP demands CBI inquiry into alleged rape
Patna: Charging Nitish Kumar government with
inefficiency in tackling criminal activities in Bihar, the Lok
Janshakti Party (LJP) today demanded a CBI inquiry into the
alleged rape and killing of a woman in Nalanda district.
The incident took place on Sunday in which insurance
worker Naresh Varnawal was brutally attacked and one of his
family members allegedly raped and killed by a group of
criminals near Matasi Village on Hilsa Sikandara Road of the
district, according to a release by the party.
Varnawal was returning to Jharia from Rajgir, a tourist
destination, when he was attacked.
"LJP condemns the incident. Bihar Government is
inefficient in checking criminal activities. There is lax
security of people visiting tourist places in the state. The
Lok Janshakti Party demands CBI inquiry into the matter," the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire