Much enthusiasm for Durga Puja in Bihar
Patna: Dressed in their best, large number of
men, women and children are turning out before the decorated
Durga Puja pandals in most of the cities of Bihar - Bhagalpur,
Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Motihari, Siwan, Chapra, Madhubani,
Darbhanga and Purnia to offer prayers on Ashtami on Tuesday.
In the state capital, several beautiful pandals have come
up at Bangali Akhara, Ramkrishna Mission Aashrama, Yaarpur
Kalibari, Adalatganj, Chajjubag (PWD).
Tight security arrangements have been made for the
festival across the state, Director General of Police
`Dhakis (drum beaters) from West Bengal enthralled
visitors at various pandals with their traditional drum
playing to invoke the mother goddess on Ashtami day today.
Worship and veneration of the Goddess started early
Monday morning at all the Shaktipeeths in the state capital.
Devotees thronged famous Shitla Mata Mandir, Agamkuan, Badi
Patan Devi, Choti Patan Devi, Bansghat Kali temple, Hanuman
temple, Panchshiva, Darbhanga house temple, Kadamkuan Durga
temple, Chakaram Devi temple, Yaarpur Kali temple.
A replica of Mahadev Mandir of Kannauj (UP) is drawing
visitors at Dak Bunglow crossing.
The pandal has been decorated with electrical display
of India`s historic 2011 cricket world cup win, scenes of
Osama Bin Laden`s elimination in Pakistan, army training in
military academy, bear dance, tabla playing chimpanzee and
Durga would be seen walking with Vishnu, Narad,
Shukracharya and demons in the backdrop of a light and sound
show on 40 feet high replica of a mountain at the pandal set
up at Sheikhpura more, in Patna.
Another pandal highlight is a fasting Anna Hazare and
demons trying to kill him and as soon as the demons are
killed, flowers rain from heavens.
The pandal of Doman Bhagat lane, Kadamkuan represents
Lakshmi Narayan temple of Delhi.
A 3000 square feet green garden in a 16000 square
puja pandal in Govind Mitra road provides much-needed visual
relief to visitors.
Mobile floats with snippets from Mahabharata, including
Draupaadi`s disrobing incident is evoking curiosity among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie