Much enthusiasm for Durga Puja in Bihar
Patna: Dressed in their best, large number of
men, women and children are turning out before the decorated
Durga Puja pandals in most of the cities of Bihar - Bhagalpur,
Muzaffarpur, Samastipur, Motihari, Siwan, Chapra, Madhubani,
Darbhanga and Purnia to offer prayers on Ashtami on Tuesday.
In the state capital, several beautiful pandals have come
up at Bangali Akhara, Ramkrishna Mission Aashrama, Yaarpur
Kalibari, Adalatganj, Chajjubag (PWD).
Tight security arrangements have been made for the
festival across the state, Director General of Police
`Dhakis (drum beaters) from West Bengal enthralled
visitors at various pandals with their traditional drum
playing to invoke the mother goddess on Ashtami day today.
Worship and veneration of the Goddess started early
Monday morning at all the Shaktipeeths in the state capital.
Devotees thronged famous Shitla Mata Mandir, Agamkuan, Badi
Patan Devi, Choti Patan Devi, Bansghat Kali temple, Hanuman
temple, Panchshiva, Darbhanga house temple, Kadamkuan Durga
temple, Chakaram Devi temple, Yaarpur Kali temple.
A replica of Mahadev Mandir of Kannauj (UP) is drawing
visitors at Dak Bunglow crossing.
The pandal has been decorated with electrical display
of India`s historic 2011 cricket world cup win, scenes of
Osama Bin Laden`s elimination in Pakistan, army training in
military academy, bear dance, tabla playing chimpanzee and
Durga would be seen walking with Vishnu, Narad,
Shukracharya and demons in the backdrop of a light and sound
show on 40 feet high replica of a mountain at the pandal set
up at Sheikhpura more, in Patna.
Another pandal highlight is a fasting Anna Hazare and
demons trying to kill him and as soon as the demons are
killed, flowers rain from heavens.
The pandal of Doman Bhagat lane, Kadamkuan represents
Lakshmi Narayan temple of Delhi.
A 3000 square feet green garden in a 16000 square
puja pandal in Govind Mitra road provides much-needed visual
relief to visitors.
Mobile floats with snippets from Mahabharata, including
Draupaadi`s disrobing incident is evoking curiosity among
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?