PMCH junior doctors go on strike
Patna: About 500 junior doctors of Patna Medical College and Hospital (PMCH) have struck work in protest against assault of their colleague by family members of a patient.
Hospital sources said the junior doctors went on a flash strike last night after family members of a 14 year-old boy suffering from acute encephalitis syndrome(AES) assaulted a junior doctor and other medical staff alleging negligence in his treatment leading to his death, sources said.
The junior medicos then allegedly misbehaved with PMCH superintendent O P Chaudhary to protest against lack of adequate security in the hospital before launching the strike, they said.
OPD and emergency services of the hospital, which is already reeling under the pressure of a large number AES patients and shortage of manpower, have been badly hit, they said.
Security has been beefed up in the hospital and senior police officials were camping in the hospital.
The sources said the junior medicos have registered a police case against unidentified persons for the assault of their colleague and one suspect has been arrested in this connection.
They doctors held a meeting to chart their future course of action, they added.
129 children have died due to AES in various parts of the state till date since May last year and Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has asked the union health secretary to send a central team to tackle the disease.
- REVEALED: Outdoing Virat Kohli makes AB de Villiers 'proud' - Here's why!
- Birthday special: Anushka Sharma is the selfie queen of Bollywood! Here's a proof
- UNBELIEVABLE! CEO of Baba Ramdev's Patanjali Ayurved works for 15 hours/day but takes no salary!
- Technology has opened up our cinema to everybody: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- HILARIOUS! How Virender Sehwag trolled birthday boy Rohit Sharma in his inimitable style