PYKKA Games scam in Bihar
Patna: A scam of huge proportions in Panchayat Yuva Krida and Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) Games has come into focus in Bihar.
Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA) Director General A K Seth has suggested a thorough investigation by the state vigilance department into the PYKKA games.
In a letter to state art, culture and youth affairs principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh, Seth had reported "swindling" of Rs 1.06 lakh in the name of organising PYKKA games in Patna district alone in 2010.
There were allegations of swindling of funds and irregularities in organising PYKKA games in several Bihar districts, official sources said.
Regarding the recommendation of vigilance inquiry, the principal secretary said, he had not seen the letter written by the BSSA DG.
"PYKKA games are the responsibility of BSSA DG, so why is he not acting? He could have gone ahead and lodged an FIR in the matter," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Cricket in America: India-West Indies to play three T20Is in Florida in late August
- My film choices are erratic: Varun Dhawan
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 630—Pragya still loves Abhi, tries to win him back!
- Xiaomi Redmi Pro to be launched today; Is Mi Notebook on the way too?
- Income Tax raid at AAP legislator's residence