PYKKA Games scam in Bihar
Patna: A scam of huge proportions in Panchayat Yuva Krida and Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) Games has come into focus in Bihar.
Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA) Director General A K Seth has suggested a thorough investigation by the state vigilance department into the PYKKA games.
In a letter to state art, culture and youth affairs principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh, Seth had reported "swindling" of Rs 1.06 lakh in the name of organising PYKKA games in Patna district alone in 2010.
There were allegations of swindling of funds and irregularities in organising PYKKA games in several Bihar districts, official sources said.
Regarding the recommendation of vigilance inquiry, the principal secretary said, he had not seen the letter written by the BSSA DG.
"PYKKA games are the responsibility of BSSA DG, so why is he not acting? He could have gone ahead and lodged an FIR in the matter," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'