PYKKA Games scam in Bihar
Patna: A scam of huge proportions in Panchayat Yuva Krida and Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) Games has come into focus in Bihar.
Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA) Director General A K Seth has suggested a thorough investigation by the state vigilance department into the PYKKA games.
In a letter to state art, culture and youth affairs principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh, Seth had reported "swindling" of Rs 1.06 lakh in the name of organising PYKKA games in Patna district alone in 2010.
There were allegations of swindling of funds and irregularities in organising PYKKA games in several Bihar districts, official sources said.
Regarding the recommendation of vigilance inquiry, the principal secretary said, he had not seen the letter written by the BSSA DG.
"PYKKA games are the responsibility of BSSA DG, so why is he not acting? He could have gone ahead and lodged an FIR in the matter," Singh said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory