PYKKA Games scam in Bihar
Patna: A scam of huge proportions in Panchayat Yuva Krida and Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) Games has come into focus in Bihar.
Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA) Director General A K Seth has suggested a thorough investigation by the state vigilance department into the PYKKA games.
In a letter to state art, culture and youth affairs principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh, Seth had reported "swindling" of Rs 1.06 lakh in the name of organising PYKKA games in Patna district alone in 2010.
There were allegations of swindling of funds and irregularities in organising PYKKA games in several Bihar districts, official sources said.
Regarding the recommendation of vigilance inquiry, the principal secretary said, he had not seen the letter written by the BSSA DG.
"PYKKA games are the responsibility of BSSA DG, so why is he not acting? He could have gone ahead and lodged an FIR in the matter," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre