PYKKA Games scam in Bihar
Patna: A scam of huge proportions in Panchayat Yuva Krida and Khel Abhiyan (PYKKA) Games has come into focus in Bihar.
Bihar State Sports Authority (BSSA) Director General A K Seth has suggested a thorough investigation by the state vigilance department into the PYKKA games.
In a letter to state art, culture and youth affairs principal secretary Anjani Kumar Singh, Seth had reported "swindling" of Rs 1.06 lakh in the name of organising PYKKA games in Patna district alone in 2010.
There were allegations of swindling of funds and irregularities in organising PYKKA games in several Bihar districts, official sources said.
Regarding the recommendation of vigilance inquiry, the principal secretary said, he had not seen the letter written by the BSSA DG.
"PYKKA games are the responsibility of BSSA DG, so why is he not acting? He could have gone ahead and lodged an FIR in the matter," Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport