Two shot dead in Bulandshahr
Bulandshahr: A taxi driver and the cab owner were shot dead allegedly by five unidentified assailants, including a pregnant woman, in Ahar area here, police said Wednesday.
Taxi owner Harish Chandra and driver Brijendra were yesterday shot dead by five persons, including the pregnant woman, who had hired the vehicle from Mathura for a visit to Bulandshahr, SSP Gulab Singh told reporters here.
Both Harish and Brijendra belonged to Adukhi village of Mathura.
Initial investigation reveals that the five persons made an attempt to loot the vehicle in Ahar area but as the taxi owner and driver tried to resist, they opened fire on them, he said.
Meanwhile, hearing the sound of gun fire, villagers rushed towards the spot of crime, he said adding, following which, the assailants escaped with the vehicle.
Both bodies have been sent for post mortem, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- 'Walking Up With Kolkata' – This video will make you fall in love with the City of Joy
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS