Farmer kills wife, five daughters in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A farmer has been arrested for
allegedly killing his wife and five daughters in
Chhattisgarh`s Balod district, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred last night at Mohdipat village when
the accused Dhal Singh Devangan, 36, attacked his wife
Thaneshwari Devi (30), whose character he suspected, with a
sharp weapon killing her, they said.
In a fit of rage, he also killed his five daughters --
Nisha (15), Lakshmi (12), Santi (10), Nandini (7) and Sandhya
(3), police said.
"Dhal Singh had a fight with his wife at his residence last night following which he attacked her and his daughters
with a sharp weapon and killed them," a police officer said.
After learning about the incident, Dhal Singh`s mother Tijanbai, who lived in the same house, informed others who in
turn alerted the police following which the accused was taken
into custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal