Farmer kills wife, five daughters in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A farmer has been arrested for
allegedly killing his wife and five daughters in
Chhattisgarh`s Balod district, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred last night at Mohdipat village when
the accused Dhal Singh Devangan, 36, attacked his wife
Thaneshwari Devi (30), whose character he suspected, with a
sharp weapon killing her, they said.
In a fit of rage, he also killed his five daughters --
Nisha (15), Lakshmi (12), Santi (10), Nandini (7) and Sandhya
(3), police said.
"Dhal Singh had a fight with his wife at his residence last night following which he attacked her and his daughters
with a sharp weapon and killed them," a police officer said.
After learning about the incident, Dhal Singh`s mother Tijanbai, who lived in the same house, informed others who in
turn alerted the police following which the accused was taken
into custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'