Farmer kills wife, five daughters in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A farmer has been arrested for
allegedly killing his wife and five daughters in
Chhattisgarh`s Balod district, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred last night at Mohdipat village when
the accused Dhal Singh Devangan, 36, attacked his wife
Thaneshwari Devi (30), whose character he suspected, with a
sharp weapon killing her, they said.
In a fit of rage, he also killed his five daughters --
Nisha (15), Lakshmi (12), Santi (10), Nandini (7) and Sandhya
(3), police said.
"Dhal Singh had a fight with his wife at his residence last night following which he attacked her and his daughters
with a sharp weapon and killed them," a police officer said.
After learning about the incident, Dhal Singh`s mother Tijanbai, who lived in the same house, informed others who in
turn alerted the police following which the accused was taken
into custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Tripura Civil Service officer rapes woman in Agartala, now absconding
- Summer health tips: How to stay energetic throughout the day!
- China reacts to PM Modi, says wants 'mutually acceptable solution to issues with India'
- Ravi Shastri accuses Sourav Ganguly of being disrespectful during the interview process
- China: 131 admitted to hospital after leak at chemical factory