Farmer kills wife, five daughters in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: A farmer has been arrested for
allegedly killing his wife and five daughters in
Chhattisgarh`s Balod district, police said on Monday.
The incident occurred last night at Mohdipat village when
the accused Dhal Singh Devangan, 36, attacked his wife
Thaneshwari Devi (30), whose character he suspected, with a
sharp weapon killing her, they said.
In a fit of rage, he also killed his five daughters --
Nisha (15), Lakshmi (12), Santi (10), Nandini (7) and Sandhya
(3), police said.
"Dhal Singh had a fight with his wife at his residence last night following which he attacked her and his daughters
with a sharp weapon and killed them," a police officer said.
After learning about the incident, Dhal Singh`s mother Tijanbai, who lived in the same house, informed others who in
turn alerted the police following which the accused was taken
into custody, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Biharboard.ac.in & biharboard.bih.nic.in BSEB 12th Inter Arts Results 2016: Bihar Board Class 12 XII Intermediate Arts Results 2016 to be announced today on 25th May, 2016 at 3 PM
- Mbose.in HSSLC 12th Results 2016: Meghalaya Board (megresults.nic.in) class 12th HSSLC Arts exam results 2016, MBOSE to be declared today on May 25 at 10 AM
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM