ISF to strengthen NMDC mines security in C’garh: D
New Delhi: The CISF has decided to strengthen its deployment in the Naxal hotbed of Kirandul in Chhattisgarh`s Dantewada after six of its personnel were recently ambushed by rebels in the NMDC mines area.
The force will bolster security in the area by fortifying its posts and dominating vantage positions in the hilly area of the Bailadila mine reserves in Dantewada.
"We have been fine-tuning our security strategy in the NMDC mines area. We have now decided to fortify our posts and bolster the security deployment in the area by increasing the strength of our men on patrol and guard duties," CISF chief Rajiv said.
Seven persons, including six jawans of the Central Industrial Security Force (CISF), were killed on May 13 in an ambush by Naxals when they were on patrol duty while guarding the National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) facility in Kirandul.
About 500 CISF personnel are posted at the NMDC mines in the Kirandul-Bacheli area.
The Director General said a fresh batch of his men will also train at the Counter-Terrorism and Jungle Warfare college in Kanker, run by the state government under the command of Brig (retired) B K Ponwar.
The college is known to train security forces personnel in guerrilla and anti-Naxal warfare.
"We were already sending our troops for this training but after we made a request to Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh, he has agreed to give us more seats in the jungle warfare college," he said.
The jawans, onboard a Bolero vehicle being driven by a civilian driver, were killed after a brief retaliation on the night of May 13.
The Kirandul-Bacheli mines of the NMDC in the jungles of Dantewada are a Naxal hotbed and clashes between Naxals and the security forces are regular in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing