Tantrik beheads boy for `divine powers`
Raipur: A `tantrik` who allegedly beheaded a 10-year-old boy to obtain "divine powers" has been arrested in yet another case of human sacrifice in Chhattisgarh, police said Thursday.
Dilip Rathia was arrested for the death of Praveen, who went missing Feb 5 and whose torso was found Feb 20 in Punjipathra in Raigarh district, Superintendent of Police Neha Pandey told reporters.
She said the accused confessed he killed the boy because a deity appeared in his dream and asked him to behead the boy to obtain "divine powers".
Police have seized the sword used in the killing. The accused and the deceased family belong to the same village Barpali, some 250 km from state capital Raipur.
Chhattisgarh`s vast backward rural areas throw up human sacrifice cases now and then. A seven-year-old girl was "sacrificed" in Bijapur in December by two men who felt the killing would lead to better harvest.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'