Two held with leopard skin in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh Wednesday arrested two people with leopard skins estimated to be worth Rs.800,000 in the international market.
K. Devraj and Kalyansai were arrested by a crime branch squad at a bus stand in Surajpur in the state`s extreme north, some 400 km from capital Raipur, a police officer said.
"We acted on a specific input and arrested the two, believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang," Surajpur crime branch in-charge C.P. Tiwari told.
"The leopard skin recovered from them is valued at at least Rs.800,000 in the international market," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Union Cabinet clears Surrogacy (Regulation) Bill, 2016 – Know the new rules
- 6.8 magnitude earthquake hits Myanmar; tremors felt in northeast, Kolkata, Patna, Guwahati
- Did OP Jaisha lie about official apathy in Rio? Here is her co-runner's version
- Can bear body odour, not bad breath: Ranveer Singh
- Tamil actor Vijay's father undergoes surgery after fall