Two held with leopard skin in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh Wednesday arrested two people with leopard skins estimated to be worth Rs.800,000 in the international market.
K. Devraj and Kalyansai were arrested by a crime branch squad at a bus stand in Surajpur in the state`s extreme north, some 400 km from capital Raipur, a police officer said.
"We acted on a specific input and arrested the two, believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang," Surajpur crime branch in-charge C.P. Tiwari told.
"The leopard skin recovered from them is valued at at least Rs.800,000 in the international market," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you