Two held with leopard skin in Chhattisgarh
Raipur: Police in Chhattisgarh Wednesday arrested two people with leopard skins estimated to be worth Rs.800,000 in the international market.
K. Devraj and Kalyansai were arrested by a crime branch squad at a bus stand in Surajpur in the state`s extreme north, some 400 km from capital Raipur, a police officer said.
"We acted on a specific input and arrested the two, believed to be members of an inter-state poaching gang," Surajpur crime branch in-charge C.P. Tiwari told.
"The leopard skin recovered from them is valued at at least Rs.800,000 in the international market," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city