12 injured as BJP, Congress workers clash in Delhi
New Delhi: At least 12 people were injured in a clash between Congress and Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) workers here Saturday evening after a heated argument at an official function, police said.
The incident was reported from Jagatram Park in east Delhi`s Shakarpur around 3.30 p.m. where East Delhi MP Sandeep Dikshit and Delhi Finance Minister AK Walia were to come for the inauguration of a sewer line.
"The clash began after BJP councillor BB Tyagi along with two other BJP councillors arrived there with their supporters and indulged in a heated argument with local Congress leaders," said a police officer.
"The argument became violent when the BJP supporters started manhandling and showing black flag to the Congress supporters," the officer said.
According to the officer, two people received head injuries while 10 others also injured in the attack.
"It is not yet ascertained whether these people belong to Congress or BJP," the officer added.
A case of rioting has been registered against the BJP workers and probe is on into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29