14 children go missing everyday in Delhi
New Delhi: As many as 14 children go missing daily in the city, Delhi Police said Friday.
According to a survey by the Delhi Legal Service Authority, 59 percent of the children who went missing between Apr 2011 and Aug 2012 left their homes on their own while 17 percent got lost in the city.
In 2012, 3,675 cases of children being kidnapping were registered as against 3,529 cases in 2011.
"Around three percent of children were abducted," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Amartya Sen says Modi govt ousted him from Nalanda University
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends