14 children go missing everyday in Delhi
New Delhi: As many as 14 children go missing daily in the city, Delhi Police said Friday.
According to a survey by the Delhi Legal Service Authority, 59 percent of the children who went missing between Apr 2011 and Aug 2012 left their homes on their own while 17 percent got lost in the city.
In 2012, 3,675 cases of children being kidnapping were registered as against 3,529 cases in 2011.
"Around three percent of children were abducted," police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional