New Delhi: Miffed over non-production of alleged terrorists accused in 2008 Delhi serial blasts from Ahmedabad jail, a court here has asked prosecution why no steps were taken for revocation of a Gujarat government order which prohibited accused being taken outside the state.
"When prosecution is aware of the fact that orders have already been passed by Gujarat government regarding non-production of undertrials outside Gujarat, it should have taken steps for revocation of orders but surprisingly no steps have been taken by it in this regard," Additional Sessions Judge Narinder Kumar said.
The order of the court came after it received a fax message from Ahmedabad prison saying the six accused persons have not been produced because of non-revocation of the October 27, 2009 order of State`s Home department stating that they shall not be moved out of the state.
Besides this, the five accused lodged in Navi Mumbai`s Taluja jail, were also not produced before the court here despite repeated production warrants.
M S Khan, counsel for seven accused persons said he will move contempt petition before Supreme Court for non-production of his clients.
Khan submitted that earlier in a writ petition, the Gujarat government had given assurance to the Supreme Court that whenever it will be necessary and there are proper warrants by any of the special courts, the accused persons shall be moved out of Ahmedabad to be present in that court.
He represents accused Zia-ur-Rehman, Kayamuddin Kapadia, both lodged in Sabarmati Jail and Mohd Sadique, Mohd. Mansoor Ashgar Peerbhoy, Mubin Kadar Shiekh, Asif Bashiruddin and Mohd Akbar Ismile Choudhary, all lodged in Taluja jail.