3 arrested for human trafficking, 20 girls rescued
Ghaziabad: Police on Sunday claimed to have rescued about 20 girls, who were allegedly being trafficked from Jharkhand to Delhi, and three persons were arrested in this connection.
The Jharkhand Sampark Kranti Express was stopped late Saturday night at the railway station here and the girls, some of whom were minors, were made to get down and questioned, SSP Nitin Tiwari said.
The arrested persons are being interrogated, he said.
The minors have been handed over to Child Welfare Committee, while the elder girls were allowed to leave, he said.
Kumar Gaurav of NGO Ashadeep foundation, which accompanied the police, said information had been received from Kanpur Childline that about 20 girls were going to be trafficked.
The girls, when questioned, claimed that they were above 20, but their ID proofs showed that they were younger, Tiwari said.
They said they are from Ranchi in Jharkhand and claimed that they were going to meet some relatives.
Some of the girls` relatives came to pick them up later, the SSP said.
CWC Chairman said all aspects of the case were being probed.
None of the girls have lodged any complaint.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics