30 Tihar inmates get jobs; one offered Rs 3 lakh per annum
New Delhi: Thirty inmates of Tihar jail, who will be completing their prison term in the next six months, on Tuesday got job offers from 14 companies.
One of the inmates, Akshay, got a handsome package of Rs three lakhs per annum while another Vikas fared remarkably by getting four job offers, said Sunil Kumar, Tihar Jail`s Law Officer and spokesperson.
The placement drive was organised by Tihar jail administration in Jail no 3.
An inmate, Sablu Singh, has been selected by Vedanta Foundation, he added.
"The selected inmates will be released from jail within six months and they would have a job to begin their life afresh," Gupta said.
Vedanta Foundation, Agarwal Movers and Packers were some of the major participating companies, he said, adding a total of 372 inmates have benefited from this placement initiative which saw its sixth round today.
Meanwhile, the country`s model jail today launched its new organic plant product prepared by the Tihar inmates.
Coco-lawn, a pre-fabricated grass lawn and substitute for pre-grown vegetables, ornamental plants was among the few organic plant products that were launched today at Tihar Jail.
"We are very hopeful of a good response to our new product. The next stage of this production will depend on how this product fares," Tihar DG Vimla Mehra said.
The DG also said that prices for these products were yet to be decided.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter