31 women found abandoned in Metro, Railway stations
New Delhi: Thirty one women were found abandoned at Metro and railway stations in the capital this year, the government said on Tuesday.
According to Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullapally Ramachandran, a total of 164 women were found abandoned in such facilities in the capital during the period between 2011 and April 30, 2013.
While 31 were found till April this year, 73 women were found abandoned last year and 60 in 2011, he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
He said the Delhi Metro has given instructions regarding how to deal with abandoned women and children found in Metro premises and that workshop for managers were also held.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ranbir, Anushka all set to shoot romantic rain sequence
- 7th Pay Commission: CBSE chief R K Chaturvedi gets additional charge of implementation cell
- PM Modi lays foundations stone of AIIMS Gorakhpur, reopens sick fertiliser plant
- Get 75% concession on AC train tickets; know more about such concessions
- The India of our dreams: This poet's take will leave you inspired - Watch