31 women found abandoned in Metro, Railway stations
New Delhi: Thirty one women were found abandoned at Metro and railway stations in the capital this year, the government said on Tuesday.
According to Minister of State for Home Affairs Mullapally Ramachandran, a total of 164 women were found abandoned in such facilities in the capital during the period between 2011 and April 30, 2013.
While 31 were found till April this year, 73 women were found abandoned last year and 60 in 2011, he said in a written reply in Lok Sabha.
He said the Delhi Metro has given instructions regarding how to deal with abandoned women and children found in Metro premises and that workshop for managers were also held.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane