50 shanties gutted in Delhi slum fire
New Delhi: At least 50 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in a slum in a New Delhi area, official said on Monday.
The blaze apparently started due to an electrical short circuit in a hut in a slum in the Chanakyapuri area on Sunday late.
"We received a call around 10 pm, following which 16 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour`s time," said an official of Delhi Fire Service.
No one was injured in the incident.
Chanakyapuri is the diplomatic enclave in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH