50 shanties gutted in Delhi slum fire
New Delhi: At least 50 shanties were gutted in a fire that broke out in a slum in a New Delhi area, official said on Monday.
The blaze apparently started due to an electrical short circuit in a hut in a slum in the Chanakyapuri area on Sunday late.
"We received a call around 10 pm, following which 16 fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was doused in an hour`s time," said an official of Delhi Fire Service.
No one was injured in the incident.
Chanakyapuri is the diplomatic enclave in the capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB