7 architecture school students suspended in ragging case
New Delhi: Seven students of School of Planning and Architecture here have been suspended in connection with a ragging incident.
The move comes in wake of the HRD Ministry ordering an inquiry into the incident of September 2 last year when a first-year student was allegedly ragged by the seven students of the second year B. Arch programme.
"The director of the institute issued the suspension orders of the seven students pending an inquiry and they have been asked to vacate the hostel," said a statement issued by it.
A police case is also understood to have been registered in connection with the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says