7 architecture school students suspended in ragging case
New Delhi: Seven students of School of Planning and Architecture here have been suspended in connection with a ragging incident.
The move comes in wake of the HRD Ministry ordering an inquiry into the incident of September 2 last year when a first-year student was allegedly ragged by the seven students of the second year B. Arch programme.
"The director of the institute issued the suspension orders of the seven students pending an inquiry and they have been asked to vacate the hostel," said a statement issued by it.
A police case is also understood to have been registered in connection with the incident.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India