75yr old yoga teacher falsely accused of rape, acquitted
New Delhi: A 75-year-old yoga teacher, who was accused of raping his disciple for almost an year on the pretext of marrying her, has been acquitted by a Delhi court after the complainant retracted, saying she had filed a false complaint.
Additional Sessions Judge Nivedita Anil Sharma acquitted the senior citizen, a resident of west Delhi while observing that the victim had turned hostile and deposed that the accused had never established physical relations with her or promised marriage.
"The prosecutrix (girl), has not deposed an iota of evidence of her being raped at all. She has not even mentioned the word `rape` or any other offence in her evidence nor has deposed anything incriminating against the accused," the court said.
The girl deposed in the court that she implicated the man at the behest of another woman named Reena, the whereabouts of who were not known to the police.
"It is clear that the evidence of the prosecution is neither reliable nor believable and is not trustworthy..." the court said.
The prosecution case was that the girl and her father had learnt from some relative about the accused, who taught meditation and yoga. In February 2011 they came to his house and stayed with him for 15 days and practised yoga.
Thereafter, they visited him in July, August and September 2011. The girl said in her police complaint she had good relations with accused who initiated proposal of marriage and she and her father accpeted it.
She said as the accused was about 75 years old and a widower with one son and a daughter who were already married and living separately, her father wanted accused to provide some monetary security for her by giving her some right in his property. Accused assured them of getting the relevant documents prepared but he never got them prepared which caused some tension between them.
In February 2011, the accused gave her some intoxicant and raped her and continued to establish physical relations with her till November 2011, she said in her complaint.
Before the court, however, the girl deposed that she used to meet a woman named Reena at the park near the accused`s house. Reena had told her that the accused was marrying her, the complainant claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks