AAP leaders to join anti-Sikh riot victims in strike on Friday
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party leaders, including Arvind Kejriwal, will sit on a one-day fast here Friday along with 1984 anti-Sikh riot affected families in solidarity with their protest against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Besides Kejriwal, AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh and Kumar Vishwas will also be on fast for a day along with the riot victims at Jantar Mantar.
In a statement, AAP said they will join the protest of the family of Nirpreet Kaur who will begin her "indefinite hunger strike" tomorrow.
Kaur said in a separate statement that they had a lot of expectations that they will get justice but the verdict given by the court has "shaken" their faith in the system.
She demanded that a Special Investigation Team should be constituted which would investigate the case independently.
She also demanded an appeal be filed in a higher court against the acquittal of Kumar and that the case be heard and decided in three months time.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today