AAP leaders to join anti-Sikh riot victims in strike on Friday
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party leaders, including Arvind Kejriwal, will sit on a one-day fast here Friday along with 1984 anti-Sikh riot affected families in solidarity with their protest against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Besides Kejriwal, AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh and Kumar Vishwas will also be on fast for a day along with the riot victims at Jantar Mantar.
In a statement, AAP said they will join the protest of the family of Nirpreet Kaur who will begin her "indefinite hunger strike" tomorrow.
Kaur said in a separate statement that they had a lot of expectations that they will get justice but the verdict given by the court has "shaken" their faith in the system.
She demanded that a Special Investigation Team should be constituted which would investigate the case independently.
She also demanded an appeal be filed in a higher court against the acquittal of Kumar and that the case be heard and decided in three months time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...