AAP leaders to join anti-Sikh riot victims in strike on Friday
New Delhi: Aam Aadmi Party leaders, including Arvind Kejriwal, will sit on a one-day fast here Friday along with 1984 anti-Sikh riot affected families in solidarity with their protest against the acquittal of Congress leader Sajjan Kumar.
Besides Kejriwal, AAP leaders Manish Sisodia, Gopal Rai, Sanjay Singh and Kumar Vishwas will also be on fast for a day along with the riot victims at Jantar Mantar.
In a statement, AAP said they will join the protest of the family of Nirpreet Kaur who will begin her "indefinite hunger strike" tomorrow.
Kaur said in a separate statement that they had a lot of expectations that they will get justice but the verdict given by the court has "shaken" their faith in the system.
She demanded that a Special Investigation Team should be constituted which would investigate the case independently.
She also demanded an appeal be filed in a higher court against the acquittal of Kumar and that the case be heard and decided in three months time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you