Ailing Delhi gang-rape accused may appear in court May 31
New Delhi: Submitting a comprehensive medical report of Vinay Sharma, an accused in the Dec 16, 2012 gang-rape here, officials of a government hospital Tuesday told a Delhi court that the accused should be able to attend court May 31.
Additional Session Judge Yogesh Khanna Monday asked Lok Nayak Hospital, where Shamr is admitted for treatment, to a file report stating when the accused would be in a position to appear before him.
The report said: "So far the patient has responded well to medical management. His haemoglobin, blood counts and other tests done are within normal limits, and tests done are within normal limits, and is likely to be discharged from the hospital in one or two days."
"However he needs intravenous antibiotics for another three to five days, since he was not taking the prescribed medicines orally after his discharge from Lok Nayak Hospital May 22, the report said."
"He can attend the court proceedings tentatively on May 31 subject to his stable condition on that day," the report said.
The court, which was to record statement of woman investigating officer, now posted the matter for next hearing May 31.
"In these circumstances, it would be appropriate if the matter is listed on May 31 for further proceedings on prosecution evidence. Production warrant be issued for production of accused Vinay Sharma but be executed subject to advice of doctors," the court said.
The medical report also mentioned that "Vinay Sharma was admitted to Lok Nayak Hospital May 14 with complaints of fever and low blood counts. He has past history of alcohol abuse, ganja abuse and steroid abuse".
Saying that the trial was getting delayed due to Sharma`s absence, the court had asked hospital to file report when the accused would be in a position to appear before him.
On Tuesday, the court was to record the statement of last prosecution witness, a woman investigating officer who is crucial in case as she had initially probed the case and arrested the accused.
The court till now has recorded statements of 79 witnesses out of total 80 witnesses in the case.
The case relates to a 23-year-old woman who was brutally tortured and gang-raped in a moving bus by five men and a juvenile. She later died in a Singapore hospital where she was taken for treatment.
The juvenile is facing proceedings before a Juvenile Justice Board, while the four other accused were put up for trial in the fast-track court. One of the accused allegedly committed suicide in jail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM