Animation student among two nabbed for stealing
New Delhi: An animation student and his 40-year-old accomplice were arrested here for their alleged involvement in stealing motorcycles and then selling these through an e-com portal to gain money, police said on Sunday.
Sachin Sharma, a second year BSc animation student, and his accomplice Amin Khan were arrested last week separately on a tip off, Ravindra Yadav, Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime), told reporters.
Five stolen motorcycles have allegedly been recovered from their possession.
Sharma used to buy stolen motorcycles from Khan for about Rs 16,000 and after making fake documents, he used to sell these through an e-com portal for Rs 40,000, Yadav said.
The student was residing in Greater Noida and was introduced to Khan by a friend Mushtaq.
"Mushtaq told Sharma that some of his villagers were running a racket of stealing vehicles from NCR. Sharma wanted to purchase a cheap bike. Mushtaq introduced him to Khan. Sharma bought one TVS Apache at a very cheap price.
"Sharma then found out that it was a good way to earn money. He used to buy stolen motorcycles from Khan and then allegedly used to sell it through (the) e-com portal," Yadav said.
Efforts are being made to apprehend two other men -- Bhura and Hakmu -- allegedly involved in stealing vehicles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India