Another suicide in Tihar Jail, 30-year-old undertrial hangs herself
New Delhi: The security in high-security Tihar Jail is yet again under the scanner after a 30-year-old undertrial committed suicide inside the prison on Thursday.
Initial reports claimed that the woman who was undergoing trial in an abduction case hung herself in a cell.
"Reshma, who was undergoing trial in a kidnapping case, was found hanging Thursday afternoon inside jail number 6. Other inmates spotted her body," said a jail official.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered, the official said.
No suicide note has been found.
Earlier this week, Ram Singh, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case too had committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail by hanging himself.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened