Another suicide in Tihar Jail, 30-year-old undertrial hangs herself
New Delhi: The security in high-security Tihar Jail is yet again under the scanner after a 30-year-old undertrial committed suicide inside the prison on Thursday.
Initial reports claimed that the woman who was undergoing trial in an abduction case hung herself in a cell.
"Reshma, who was undergoing trial in a kidnapping case, was found hanging Thursday afternoon inside jail number 6. Other inmates spotted her body," said a jail official.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered, the official said.
No suicide note has been found.
Earlier this week, Ram Singh, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case too had committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail by hanging himself.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand