Another suicide in Tihar Jail, 30-year-old undertrial hangs herself
New Delhi: The security in high-security Tihar Jail is yet again under the scanner after a 30-year-old undertrial committed suicide inside the prison on Thursday.
Initial reports claimed that the woman who was undergoing trial in an abduction case hung herself in a cell.
"Reshma, who was undergoing trial in a kidnapping case, was found hanging Thursday afternoon inside jail number 6. Other inmates spotted her body," said a jail official.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered, the official said.
No suicide note has been found.
Earlier this week, Ram Singh, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case too had committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail by hanging himself.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajay Devgn unveils the poster of ‘Sons of Sardaar’
- Oommen Chandy takes bus passengers by surprise as he turns out to be one
- Share-transfer dispute: Delhi HC asks Spicejet, Kalanithi Maran to set up arbitral tribunal
- Emraan Hashmi's son Ayaan appears in video for tiger cause
- Cheat days? John Abraham’s words will give you serious fitness goals – Read more