Another suicide in Tihar Jail, 30-year-old undertrial hangs herself
New Delhi: The security in high-security Tihar Jail is yet again under the scanner after a 30-year-old undertrial committed suicide inside the prison on Thursday.
Initial reports claimed that the woman who was undergoing trial in an abduction case hung herself in a cell.
"Reshma, who was undergoing trial in a kidnapping case, was found hanging Thursday afternoon inside jail number 6. Other inmates spotted her body," said a jail official.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered, the official said.
No suicide note has been found.
Earlier this week, Ram Singh, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case too had committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail by hanging himself.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US