Another suicide in Tihar Jail, 30-year-old undertrial hangs herself
New Delhi: The security in high-security Tihar Jail is yet again under the scanner after a 30-year-old undertrial committed suicide inside the prison on Thursday.
Initial reports claimed that the woman who was undergoing trial in an abduction case hung herself in a cell.
"Reshma, who was undergoing trial in a kidnapping case, was found hanging Thursday afternoon inside jail number 6. Other inmates spotted her body," said a jail official.
The body has been sent for post-mortem at Deen Dayal Upadhaya hospital and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered, the official said.
No suicide note has been found.
Earlier this week, Ram Singh, an accused in the Delhi gang-rape case too had committed suicide inside the Tihar Jail by hanging himself.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani attempted suicide or big security lapse by jail authorities?
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch