Autopsy reports fail time and again to help Delhi Police
New Delhi: With the postmortem of the British citizen, whose body was found in a plastic bag in southeast Delhi last Sunday, failing to identify the exact cause of his death, police investigation in yet another high-profile case has hit a roadblock due to inconclusive forensic reports.
As per police sources, doctors have not been able to conclude on the reason behind Roddick Andrew Raymond`s death while saying that the deep gashes found on the body could have developed on it due to decomposition and not actually be injury marks.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (South East) P Karunakaran had said that the autopsy report is inconclusive and they would have to wait for the viscera report from Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL) and other forensic reports to identify the cause of death.
Earlier too, in high-profile cases like the death of Union Minister Shashi Tharoor`s wife Sunanda Pushkar, alleged murder of NRI Anmol Sarna and Nido Tania case, the postmortem reports failed to shed much light on the cases.
While the Sunanda Pushkar and Anmol Sarna cases still remain a mystery, it was the CFSL report which confirmed that Nido Tania died due to "blunt trauma on head and face" whereas the initial postmortem report had not revealed "much injury or aberration" on his body.
The irony is that all these postmortems were conducted by a team of doctors of All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), India`s premier medical institute.
A senior police official, who did not wanted to be identified, said that in such cases, a lot of things depend on the cause and circumstances of death.
"We depend on the postmortem report to a great extent for this. But in all these cases, it has not been able to give us much headway," he said.
What is baffling is that all these cases are of the south and south east districts in which postmortems were conducted at AIIMS.
Talking about another high-profile case which took place in the New Delhi district in November last year in which BSP leader Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti, a dental surgeon, were accused of torturing and murdering a maid, a senior police official of the area said that doctors in their postmortem report had easily concluded that the death was caused due to injuries.
"They had even given us the number and the nature of injuries," he said.
When contacted, Dr Sudhir Gupta, Professor and Head of the Forensics department of AIIMS said, "Our role is limited to conduct postmortem and give opinion. The rest is up to the police."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!