Azad meets family of rape victim at AIIMS
New Delhi: Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad on Saturday met the family of the five-year-old rape victim at AIIMS and enquired about her health.
The minister assured the girl`s parents of all help and medical care of the victim. He also met the doctors looking after her treatment and instructed them to provide best medical treatment.
The minister stayed in the hospital for 15 minutes.
The rape victim was shifted to AIIMS last evening.
The girl was brutally raped and assaulted allegedly by her neighbour while being held captive and starved for two days. She also contracted infection from foreign objects inserted in her body.
The horrific incident took place in east Delhi`s Gandhi Nagar. The girl, who was missing from April 15 evening, was rescued on April 17 from the ground floor of the building where her family was staying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you