BJP Mahila Morcha holds protest over Delhi gang-rape
Jammu: Lashing at the Centre and Delhi government for its failure to provide security to women, BJP Mahila Morcha activists on Wednesday held a protest demonstration here against the gang-rape of 23-year-old girl in the national capital.
Over 100 activists, led by the outfit`s state president, Sakina Bano, staged a protest demonstration at Canal Road area here against the government for its total failure to ensure safety of the females.
"The recent inhuman act of gang rape of a girl in Delhi followed by brutal torture, is a blot on the Indian society," Bano told reporters here.
"The women in Jammu and Kashmir too have been subjected to rape and the decades old laws are not enough to deal with such crime effectively," she said.
The frequent cases of rape can be checked only by bringing in strong laws to deal such crime with provision of capital punishment and speedy trial of those involved in such cases, the leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!