BJP Mahila Morcha holds protest over Delhi gang-rape
Jammu: Lashing at the Centre and Delhi government for its failure to provide security to women, BJP Mahila Morcha activists on Wednesday held a protest demonstration here against the gang-rape of 23-year-old girl in the national capital.
Over 100 activists, led by the outfit`s state president, Sakina Bano, staged a protest demonstration at Canal Road area here against the government for its total failure to ensure safety of the females.
"The recent inhuman act of gang rape of a girl in Delhi followed by brutal torture, is a blot on the Indian society," Bano told reporters here.
"The women in Jammu and Kashmir too have been subjected to rape and the decades old laws are not enough to deal with such crime effectively," she said.
The frequent cases of rape can be checked only by bringing in strong laws to deal such crime with provision of capital punishment and speedy trial of those involved in such cases, the leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- LeEco Le Max 2: Aiming to outshine rivals with powerful hardware, CDLA technology
- WATCH: How Lionel Messi missed crucial penalty kick in Copa America final against Chile
- When Varun Dhawan, John Abraham came to Jacqueline Fernandez's rescue—Full story inside
- Congress stalwart Sheila Dikhsit refuses to become CM face for 2017 UP elections
- Modi govt shortlists 4 candidates to succeed Raghuram Rajan as RBI Governor