BJP Mahila Morcha holds protest over Delhi gang-rape
Jammu: Lashing at the Centre and Delhi government for its failure to provide security to women, BJP Mahila Morcha activists on Wednesday held a protest demonstration here against the gang-rape of 23-year-old girl in the national capital.
Over 100 activists, led by the outfit`s state president, Sakina Bano, staged a protest demonstration at Canal Road area here against the government for its total failure to ensure safety of the females.
"The recent inhuman act of gang rape of a girl in Delhi followed by brutal torture, is a blot on the Indian society," Bano told reporters here.
"The women in Jammu and Kashmir too have been subjected to rape and the decades old laws are not enough to deal with such crime effectively," she said.
The frequent cases of rape can be checked only by bringing in strong laws to deal such crime with provision of capital punishment and speedy trial of those involved in such cases, the leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!