BJP Mahila Morcha holds protest over Delhi gang-rape
Jammu: Lashing at the Centre and Delhi government for its failure to provide security to women, BJP Mahila Morcha activists on Wednesday held a protest demonstration here against the gang-rape of 23-year-old girl in the national capital.
Over 100 activists, led by the outfit`s state president, Sakina Bano, staged a protest demonstration at Canal Road area here against the government for its total failure to ensure safety of the females.
"The recent inhuman act of gang rape of a girl in Delhi followed by brutal torture, is a blot on the Indian society," Bano told reporters here.
"The women in Jammu and Kashmir too have been subjected to rape and the decades old laws are not enough to deal with such crime effectively," she said.
The frequent cases of rape can be checked only by bringing in strong laws to deal such crime with provision of capital punishment and speedy trial of those involved in such cases, the leader added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air