BJP terms Annashree Yojna of Sheila govt as `election stunt`
New Delhi: Terming as an "election stunt" the Sheila Dikshit government`s Dilli Annashree Yojna, Delhi BJP on Saturday accused the Congress of "inducing" voters before polls through promises which are never fulfilled.
"It (Delhi Government) has started Annashree Yojna to cheat poor people before the 2013 Assembly Elections. This scheme will also fail because news about discrimination and corruption in this scheme are being heard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
He accused the Congress of "inducing" people before every election to secure their votes.
"But after the elections the people get nothing. Before 2008 elections, Delhi Government had distributed provisional certificates to the RWAs of unauthorised colonies. Not a single colony has been regularised till date," he said.
He claimed the new scheme would also meet the same fate and wanted to know from the Delhi Government the eligibility criteria under which the beneficiaries have been selected.
"If the Government has selected 15 lakh families then it should publish the list of these 15 lakh families. Government should also say whether a family can maintain itself with the help of 600 rupees," Gupta asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why