BJP terms Annashree Yojna of Sheila govt as `election stunt`
New Delhi: Terming as an "election stunt" the Sheila Dikshit government`s Dilli Annashree Yojna, Delhi BJP on Saturday accused the Congress of "inducing" voters before polls through promises which are never fulfilled.
"It (Delhi Government) has started Annashree Yojna to cheat poor people before the 2013 Assembly Elections. This scheme will also fail because news about discrimination and corruption in this scheme are being heard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
He accused the Congress of "inducing" people before every election to secure their votes.
"But after the elections the people get nothing. Before 2008 elections, Delhi Government had distributed provisional certificates to the RWAs of unauthorised colonies. Not a single colony has been regularised till date," he said.
He claimed the new scheme would also meet the same fate and wanted to know from the Delhi Government the eligibility criteria under which the beneficiaries have been selected.
"If the Government has selected 15 lakh families then it should publish the list of these 15 lakh families. Government should also say whether a family can maintain itself with the help of 600 rupees," Gupta asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray