BJP terms Annashree Yojna of Sheila govt as `election stunt`
New Delhi: Terming as an "election stunt" the Sheila Dikshit government`s Dilli Annashree Yojna, Delhi BJP on Saturday accused the Congress of "inducing" voters before polls through promises which are never fulfilled.
"It (Delhi Government) has started Annashree Yojna to cheat poor people before the 2013 Assembly Elections. This scheme will also fail because news about discrimination and corruption in this scheme are being heard," Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta said.
He accused the Congress of "inducing" people before every election to secure their votes.
"But after the elections the people get nothing. Before 2008 elections, Delhi Government had distributed provisional certificates to the RWAs of unauthorised colonies. Not a single colony has been regularised till date," he said.
He claimed the new scheme would also meet the same fate and wanted to know from the Delhi Government the eligibility criteria under which the beneficiaries have been selected.
"If the Government has selected 15 lakh families then it should publish the list of these 15 lakh families. Government should also say whether a family can maintain itself with the help of 600 rupees," Gupta asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui