Both Pradeep, Manoj raped minor girl, police tells court
New Delhi: The second accused in the alleged gang-rape of a five-year-old girl was today sent to four-day police custody by a city court which was told by the Delhi Police that both he and accomplice Manoj had raped the minor.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg remanded 19-year- old Pradeep, who was arrested from Bihar yesterday and brought here on transit remand, to police custody till April 27 after the police said he had to be interrogated to unearth the sequence of events.
Amid high security, Pradeep was brought to the court in muffled face.
While main accused Manoj, who is at present in judicial custody, had told the agency that not he but Pradeep had assaulted the girl sexually, the police today told the court that both of them had raped the minor.
The court had asked the probe agency if both the accused had raped the child to which the police officials replied in the affirmative.
"Yes, both had raped the girl," the prosecutor said.
The court also issued for tomorrow production warrant for Manoj as the police said it needed to confront him with Pradeep.
Pradeep was produced before ASJ Garg since he is presiding officer of the special court under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and both the accused have been booked under provisions of this Act.
Seeking eight-day custody of Pradeep, the prosecution said they had to recover the mobile phones used by them and since their investigation is mid-way, some new facts might emerge during their interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA