Both Pradeep, Manoj raped minor girl, police tells court
New Delhi: The second accused in the alleged gang-rape of a five-year-old girl was today sent to four-day police custody by a city court which was told by the Delhi Police that both he and accomplice Manoj had raped the minor.
Additional Sessions Judge Sanjay Garg remanded 19-year- old Pradeep, who was arrested from Bihar yesterday and brought here on transit remand, to police custody till April 27 after the police said he had to be interrogated to unearth the sequence of events.
Amid high security, Pradeep was brought to the court in muffled face.
While main accused Manoj, who is at present in judicial custody, had told the agency that not he but Pradeep had assaulted the girl sexually, the police today told the court that both of them had raped the minor.
The court had asked the probe agency if both the accused had raped the child to which the police officials replied in the affirmative.
"Yes, both had raped the girl," the prosecutor said.
The court also issued for tomorrow production warrant for Manoj as the police said it needed to confront him with Pradeep.
Pradeep was produced before ASJ Garg since he is presiding officer of the special court under Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (POCSO) Act and both the accused have been booked under provisions of this Act.
Seeking eight-day custody of Pradeep, the prosecution said they had to recover the mobile phones used by them and since their investigation is mid-way, some new facts might emerge during their interrogation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared