BPO employee stabbed to death by jilted lover in Delhi
New Delhi: In yet another incident of brutality, a 20-year-old girl was stabbed to death allegedly by a jilted lover in east Delhi on Monday evening, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Neha, who was working with a BPO in Noida.
The incident took place in Dallupura at around 5 pm when Neha and her male friend Gaurav were travelling in the latter`s car when Devender (32) waylaid them.
Devender first stabbed Gaurav in his cheek and then stabbed Neha, who died on the spot.
Gaurav managed to escape and rushed to a nearby police station. With the help of cops, Neha was rushed to a hospital.
Gaurav told the police that he was returning with Neha after shopping at the Cross River mall in Anand Vihar. Devender, who works as a driver, had apparently been following them since morning.
According to a police officer, Devender lived a few blocks away from Neha’s house in Mayur Vihar.
Devender is now in police custody.
“He (Devender) was in love with Neha. However, she ignored him and was in a relationship with Gaurav. This enraged Devender and he allegedly decided to seek revenge," a senior police official said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'