BPO employee stabbed to death by jilted lover in Delhi
New Delhi: In yet another incident of brutality, a 20-year-old girl was stabbed to death allegedly by a jilted lover in east Delhi on Monday evening, police said.
The deceased has been identified as Neha, who was working with a BPO in Noida.
The incident took place in Dallupura at around 5 pm when Neha and her male friend Gaurav were travelling in the latter`s car when Devender (32) waylaid them.
Devender first stabbed Gaurav in his cheek and then stabbed Neha, who died on the spot.
Gaurav managed to escape and rushed to a nearby police station. With the help of cops, Neha was rushed to a hospital.
Gaurav told the police that he was returning with Neha after shopping at the Cross River mall in Anand Vihar. Devender, who works as a driver, had apparently been following them since morning.
According to a police officer, Devender lived a few blocks away from Neha’s house in Mayur Vihar.
Devender is now in police custody.
“He (Devender) was in love with Neha. However, she ignored him and was in a relationship with Gaurav. This enraged Devender and he allegedly decided to seek revenge," a senior police official said.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news