Car catches fire on Yamuna Expressway, none injured
Greater Noida: A car caught fire on the Yamuna Expressway, however, three passengers including the car driver escaped unhurt, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Yamuna Expressway around 21 kilometres from the zero point here, they said.
Mahipal, a resident of Jhajhar, had gone to Agra two days ago to visit his family members. Last night, he was returning along with his family members and heading to Delhi via the Yamuna Expressway, they said.
As the car reached the 21-kilometre point, it caught fire due to a short circuit.
Mahipal and two others managed to come out of the car and escaped unhurt. Firemen reached the site and extinguished the fire, they added.
Meanwhile, two persons were injured in different road accidents in Noida last night. One motorcyclist Kamal Shankar Pandey was injured near Jaipuria Plaza in Sector 26 area, police said
Another motorcyclist, Prashant, was injured near Amity International School in Sector 44, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead