Car catches fire on Yamuna Expressway, none injured
Greater Noida: A car caught fire on the Yamuna Expressway, however, three passengers including the car driver escaped unhurt, police said on Saturday.
The incident took place last night at Yamuna Expressway around 21 kilometres from the zero point here, they said.
Mahipal, a resident of Jhajhar, had gone to Agra two days ago to visit his family members. Last night, he was returning along with his family members and heading to Delhi via the Yamuna Expressway, they said.
As the car reached the 21-kilometre point, it caught fire due to a short circuit.
Mahipal and two others managed to come out of the car and escaped unhurt. Firemen reached the site and extinguished the fire, they added.
Meanwhile, two persons were injured in different road accidents in Noida last night. One motorcyclist Kamal Shankar Pandey was injured near Jaipuria Plaza in Sector 26 area, police said
Another motorcyclist, Prashant, was injured near Amity International School in Sector 44, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Good news! Foreigners, NRIs can now book train tickets in India using debit, credit cards
- Telangana SSC class 10th Results 2016 is likely to be declared on May 5
- West Bengal Assembly Elections: Polling begins in crucial fifth phase, 680 central forces companies deployed
- Severe heat wave condition in West Bengal
- Kerela HSE (Class 12) Result 2016 is likely to be declared by second week of May