Car rams into PCR, 10 injured
New Delhi: At least 10 people, including three policemen, two children and three women, were injured when a speeding car with seven members of a family rammed into a Police Control Room (PCR) van here early Friday, police said.
The incident was reported from south Delhi`s Nizamuddin area around 1.50 am when the PCR van was hit by a speeding Wagon R car from behind.
Three policemen, travelling in the PCR van, and seven people in the car received injuries in the accident. They were rushed to two separate nearby hospitals and discharged after first aid.
The car driver, Mirajuddin, 28, who was heading towards his residence in south Delhi`s Sangam Vihar, along with his six other family members, including two children and three women, was arrested for rash and negligent driving.
"Initial inquiries suggest that the driver probably fell asleep while driving, leading to the accident," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'