Car rams into PCR, 10 injured
New Delhi: At least 10 people, including three policemen, two children and three women, were injured when a speeding car with seven members of a family rammed into a Police Control Room (PCR) van here early Friday, police said.
The incident was reported from south Delhi`s Nizamuddin area around 1.50 am when the PCR van was hit by a speeding Wagon R car from behind.
Three policemen, travelling in the PCR van, and seven people in the car received injuries in the accident. They were rushed to two separate nearby hospitals and discharged after first aid.
The car driver, Mirajuddin, 28, who was heading towards his residence in south Delhi`s Sangam Vihar, along with his six other family members, including two children and three women, was arrested for rash and negligent driving.
"Initial inquiries suggest that the driver probably fell asleep while driving, leading to the accident," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH