CBI arrests fire service official in bribe-taking case
New Delhi: A Delhi Fire Service official has been arrested by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant for issuing a no objection certificate for a building.
A case was registered against Rajan Wadhera, Assistant Development Officer, Delhi Fire Service, Ashram Chowk here on the complaint alleging that he demanded Rs five lakh for "over-looking" the fire fighting licence for a building situated at Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar, a CBI press release issued today said.
"Later on, he negotiated the bribe amount and agreed for accepting bribe of Rs four Lakh to provide no objection certificate for the building.
"CBI laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs one lakh as part payment of the agreed bribe amount of Rs four lakh," it said.
Searches were also conducted at the residence and office of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie