CBI arrests fire service official in bribe-taking case
New Delhi: A Delhi Fire Service official has been arrested by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant for issuing a no objection certificate for a building.
A case was registered against Rajan Wadhera, Assistant Development Officer, Delhi Fire Service, Ashram Chowk here on the complaint alleging that he demanded Rs five lakh for "over-looking" the fire fighting licence for a building situated at Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar, a CBI press release issued today said.
"Later on, he negotiated the bribe amount and agreed for accepting bribe of Rs four Lakh to provide no objection certificate for the building.
"CBI laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs one lakh as part payment of the agreed bribe amount of Rs four lakh," it said.
Searches were also conducted at the residence and office of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey