CBI arrests fire service official in bribe-taking case
New Delhi: A Delhi Fire Service official has been arrested by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant for issuing a no objection certificate for a building.
A case was registered against Rajan Wadhera, Assistant Development Officer, Delhi Fire Service, Ashram Chowk here on the complaint alleging that he demanded Rs five lakh for "over-looking" the fire fighting licence for a building situated at Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar, a CBI press release issued today said.
"Later on, he negotiated the bribe amount and agreed for accepting bribe of Rs four Lakh to provide no objection certificate for the building.
"CBI laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs one lakh as part payment of the agreed bribe amount of Rs four lakh," it said.
Searches were also conducted at the residence and office of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS