CBI arrests fire service official in bribe-taking case
New Delhi: A Delhi Fire Service official has been arrested by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant for issuing a no objection certificate for a building.
A case was registered against Rajan Wadhera, Assistant Development Officer, Delhi Fire Service, Ashram Chowk here on the complaint alleging that he demanded Rs five lakh for "over-looking" the fire fighting licence for a building situated at Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar, a CBI press release issued today said.
"Later on, he negotiated the bribe amount and agreed for accepting bribe of Rs four Lakh to provide no objection certificate for the building.
"CBI laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs one lakh as part payment of the agreed bribe amount of Rs four lakh," it said.
Searches were also conducted at the residence and office of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- Do yoga, aquatic exercise to get relieve symptoms from multiple sclerosis
- Shah Rukh Khan is a huge, humble star: Waluscha De Sousa
- Read Full Text: Vijay Mallya's resignation letter to Rajya Sabha
- Grapes help counter negative effects of high fat diet
- Date for estranged love-birds: Virat Kohli planning dinner for Anushka Sharma?