CBI arrests fire service official in bribe-taking case
New Delhi: A Delhi Fire Service official has been arrested by CBI for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs one lakh from a complainant for issuing a no objection certificate for a building.
A case was registered against Rajan Wadhera, Assistant Development Officer, Delhi Fire Service, Ashram Chowk here on the complaint alleging that he demanded Rs five lakh for "over-looking" the fire fighting licence for a building situated at Ring Road, Lajpat Nagar, a CBI press release issued today said.
"Later on, he negotiated the bribe amount and agreed for accepting bribe of Rs four Lakh to provide no objection certificate for the building.
"CBI laid a trap and the accused was caught red handed while demanding and accepting bribe amount of Rs one lakh as part payment of the agreed bribe amount of Rs four lakh," it said.
Searches were also conducted at the residence and office of the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- University of Mumbai T.Y.B.Com Semester Six (75:25) Result 2016 declared on mu.ac.in
- Poland National Championships 2016: Quarter-miler Mohd. Anas sets new national record
- NHRC notice to Karnataka over ragging of Dalit student
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users