Class 11 girl attempts suicide by jumping from Vaishali Metro station
Ghaziabad: A 16-year-old student of class XI tried to commit suicide by jumping from the Vaishali Metro station this evening, police said.
The girl, identified as Yogita, suffered injuries on her hands and her left leg was fractured.
According to police, Yogita lives with his family in New Layalpur Extension area of Delhi.
At around 5.15 PM, she jumped from the third floor of Vaishali Metro Station. She was taken to a nearby hospital.
"Her left leg was fractured and she also suffered injuries in her hands and head. However, her condition is stated to be normal", said a police officer.
Eyewitness said she was talking on the phone before attempting suicide.
The girl`s father Anil Sharma told police that on Saturday`s morning, she left for her school. It was only when parents approached the school authorities that the latter informed them that his daughter did not come today.
Later, the girl`s father registered a missing complaint. At around 5 PM, she called her father on phone informing her that she was coming home, added the officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'