CM lauds senior officials on power crisis response
New Delhi: Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit on Wednesday complimented senior officials of her government for successfully pressing into service disaster management mechanism in various metro stations, market places and key street intersections following the collapse of Northern Grid.
Dikshit particularly praised the deputy commissioners and SDMs of nine revenue districts who oversaw evacuation of panic-stricken passengers in various metro stations yesterday.
NDMA vice chairman M Shashidhar Reddy also complimented the officials during an interaction.
Delhi government had pressed its disaster management mechanism into service in various metro stations, market places and key street intersections following the collapse of the Northern Grid which led to a total blackout in the city.
Deputy Commissioners and SDMs were deployed in various busy metro stations to ensure that no untoward incidents happen inside the stations.
Divisional Commissioner Vijay Dev was personally monitoring the movement of the personnel in which various agencies, including police, health department, Delhi Fire Services and Delhi Transport Corporation, participated.
Ambulances were kept at vulnerable points while DTC had pressed into service an additional 200 buses to ferry people in the event of any emergency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’