Cong asks BJP leaders to visit cataract camps, correct vision
New Delhi: Apparently exasperated by BJP`s attack, Congress on Wednesday said leaders of the opposition party should visit cataract camps organised by the government to "correct their vision".
"Even an opponent has to be a competent one...But they have a problem in their vision. They should go to cataract camps organised by the government and correct their vision," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters here.
Coming down heavily on the BJP, she said, "We lack a responsible opposition. History will judge BJP for the negative role being played by it consistently and persistently. They will be for the third time in the opposition after 2014 polls."
Speaking separately, Information and Broadcasting Minister and Congress leader Manish Tewari saw the BJP criticism as a case of "sour grapes" for being out of power for nine long years.
The comments of Chowdhury and Tewari came close on the heels of BJP leaders Sushma Swaraj and Arun Jaitley targeting Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for the "failures" of the UPA-II government in the last four years and dubbing the UPA model as "structurally defective".
The BJP leaders claimed that the presence of two power centres and the Prime Minister`s "indecision, inability and silence" have led to an environment of "gloom and pessimism" in the country. They said there is nothing to celebrate for the UPA-II government on its fourth anniversary today.
Tewari lamented that the BJP has touched a new low in politics by the way it has targeted the government on its anniversary. He said it would have been better if the opposition would have given its evaluation and assessment after going through the report to the people being presented by the Prime Minister today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu