Cong MLA resigns as Par Secy to Delhi CM
New Delhi: Senior Congress MLA Tarvinder
Singh Marwah on Tuesday resigned from the post of Parliamentary
Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit following
allegations that he got admitted his daughter in a Delhi
University college using fake documents.
The resignation came a day after Delhi BJP President
Vijender Gupta released documents related to a police
complaint filed by Mata Sundri College against Marwah.
"Tarvinder Singh Marwah has resigned from the post of
Parliamentary Secretary to Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit,"
sources close to the Jungpura MLA said.
Gupta alleged that Marwah got his daughter admitted in
Bachelor of Arts course in Mata Sundari College in July last
year by submitting "forged" marksheet of higher secondary
examination of Madhya Pradesh State Open School, Bhopal.
Demanding arrest of Marwah, Gupta had said that BJP will
meet Home Minister P Chidambaram to demand a CBI probe into
The college authorities had lodged a written complaint
with IP Estate Police Station on Saturday against Marwah, his
daughter and others.
Police said it was investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested