Congress has just fooled people: Vijay Goel on CAG report
New Delhi: Commenting on the recent reports of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Vijay Goel Saturday said the Congress has just fooled people by wasting crores of rupees.
"CAG reports show that there were many irregularities during the UPA rule, many unauthorized colonies were made, and most of the people did not benefit from this. Their wasn`t even a proper sewage plan. Congress has just fooled people," said Goel.
" CAG report s prove that BJP was absolutely right about the Congress. Crores of rupees have been wasted and someone has to take the responsibility for all of this," he added.
Meanwhile, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Prashant Bhushan said the party will be taking up the issue in parliament.
"No effort was made to see the irregularities that took place. There are petitions still pending in the High Court. Sheila Dikshit did not let the audit to take place, and the Congress has been responsible for many scams and corruption. We will definitely take up this issue in parliament," said Bhushan.
The CAG has indicted a number of Delhi government departments for wasteful expenditure that have affected the progress of pending infrastructure and social security projects, besides ignoring key environmental issues which have resulted in loss of crores of rupees in revenue.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Anna Hazare extends support to ex-servicemen over OROP protests
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes