Court allows woman to sell house, co-owned by kids
New Delhi: A woman facing financial crisis after death of her husband has been allowed by a Delhi court to sell her house here, co-owned by herself and her kids.
Additional District Judge Alok Agarwal granted permission to the woman to sell the house, purchased jointly in her and her two kids` names, after she said she would purchase another property in Vadodara in Gujarat.
The court also asked her to buy the Vadodara property in her and her children`s names.
"In these circumstances, the petition is allowed and petitioner (mother) is hereby granted permission to sell the property... For a consideration not less than Rs 20,00,000.
"The permission is granted with a further condition that the property being purchased by the petitioner at Vadodara would be purchased in joint names of the petitioner and the two minor children...," the court said.
The woman, a resident of Janakpuri here, had moved the court for its permission to sell the house saying that she, along with her minor son and daughter, had purchased it from the Delhi Development Authority (DDA) in 2006.
She said she has purchased another flat in Vadodara in Gujarat for the welfare of her minor children but as she is facing financial crisis after her husband`s death, she wants to sell her property here.
The money received by selling the house here will be used to make payment of the already purchased house in Vadodara, she said, adding that she will also buy another property there in her and her children`s names.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir