Court imposes Rs 5000 fine on Delhi CM for non-appearance in defamation case
Zee Media Bureau/Tarun Khanna
New Delhi: The Delhi High court on Monday imposed Rs 5000 fine on Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit for her non-appearance in defamation case lodged by her against BJP leader Vijender Gupta.
Dikshit had filed the criminal defamation case against Gupta alleging that the BJP leader had used uncivilised language against her in the MCD polls last year.
On the other hand, Gupta had completely denied using any derogatory statement against Dikshit.
Earlier, Dikshit`s counsel had said that she would withdraw the complaint in case the accused makes a statement in the court that the defamatory words published in the newspapers were not stated by him and that they were the creation of the correspondent or the publisher of the said newspapers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?