Court order lodging on an FIR against a lawyer
New Delhi: A Delhi court has ordered lodging an FIR against a lawyer for allegedly duping the government by charging fees from it for purportedly appearing for it in a case on `dates` which were never given while missing the court on actual dates.
Additional Sessions Judge (ASJ) Virender Bhat ordered registration of a criminal case against advocate H K Gangwani, engaged by the Department of Agriculture and Cooperation (DAC), saying it also needs to be probed if some government officials were also involved in the racket.
The court`s order came on a plea by All India Federation of Agricultural Association (AIFAA) secretary general. He had come to the sessions court in an came against the magisterial court order, which has dismissed his plea earlier for registration of an FIR against the advocate.
"No doubt, the fraud, misappropriation and cheating committed by Gangwani to the extent mentioned herein-above can be proved by the petitioner (AIFAA, Secretary General) by leading his evidence before the trial Court, I do not think that matter ends there," said the ASJ, while asking Inderpuri police station in-charge to lodge an FIR against the advocate.
"It needs to be investigated and found out who and in what circumstances passed the bills submitted by the counsel in DAC, Government of India," the court said.
"Apparently, there seems to be some collusion between the advocate Gangwani and the concerned officials posted in DAC, which needs to be unearthed," the court added.
The petitioner in its complaint before the magistrate had alleged the DAC had sanctioned a fee of Rs 48,650 per hearing to the advocate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery