Custody of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, wife extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended the judicial custody of Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife till Jan 13, 2014, in connection with the murder of their maid and destroying evidence, their counsel said Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja extended the judicial custody of Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti, defence counsel S.P.M. Tripathi said.
Singh and his wife were presented before court after expiry of their 14-day judicial custody Monday.
Dhananjay Singh, who represents the Jaunpur Lok Sabha constituency in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested and booked for destroying evidence and violating provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
His wife Jagriti was booked for murder, attempt to murder and for violating the Juvenile Justice Act after their maid died Nov 5 due to injuries suffered as a result of alleged torture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan