Custody of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, wife extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended the judicial custody of Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife till Jan 13, 2014, in connection with the murder of their maid and destroying evidence, their counsel said Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja extended the judicial custody of Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti, defence counsel S.P.M. Tripathi said.
Singh and his wife were presented before court after expiry of their 14-day judicial custody Monday.
Dhananjay Singh, who represents the Jaunpur Lok Sabha constituency in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested and booked for destroying evidence and violating provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
His wife Jagriti was booked for murder, attempt to murder and for violating the Juvenile Justice Act after their maid died Nov 5 due to injuries suffered as a result of alleged torture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?