Custody of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, wife extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended the judicial custody of Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife till Jan 13, 2014, in connection with the murder of their maid and destroying evidence, their counsel said Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja extended the judicial custody of Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti, defence counsel S.P.M. Tripathi said.
Singh and his wife were presented before court after expiry of their 14-day judicial custody Monday.
Dhananjay Singh, who represents the Jaunpur Lok Sabha constituency in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested and booked for destroying evidence and violating provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
His wife Jagriti was booked for murder, attempt to murder and for violating the Juvenile Justice Act after their maid died Nov 5 due to injuries suffered as a result of alleged torture.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative