Custody of BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, wife extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court extended the judicial custody of Bahujan Samaj Party MP Dhananjay Singh and his wife till Jan 13, 2014, in connection with the murder of their maid and destroying evidence, their counsel said Tuesday.
Metropolitan Magistrate Jay Thareja extended the judicial custody of Dhananjay Singh and his wife Jagriti, defence counsel S.P.M. Tripathi said.
Singh and his wife were presented before court after expiry of their 14-day judicial custody Monday.
Dhananjay Singh, who represents the Jaunpur Lok Sabha constituency in Uttar Pradesh, was arrested and booked for destroying evidence and violating provisions of the Juvenile Justice Act.
His wife Jagriti was booked for murder, attempt to murder and for violating the Juvenile Justice Act after their maid died Nov 5 due to injuries suffered as a result of alleged torture.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Kohli hits 26th hundred as India inch closer to win
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption