CVC probing 142 govt officials for suspected graft
New Delhi: Over 140 government officials have come under the scanner of the Central Vigilance Commission for their alleged involvement in corruption.
Of these, 15 officials working in Punjab National Bank, 12 in Border Road Development Board, 11 each in Department of Telecommunications and Housing and Urban Development Corporation Ltd and nine each in State Bank of India and Central Board of Direct Taxes have been advised penalty by the CVC for alleged graft.
Besides, seven officials working in Central Board of Excise and Customs, six in Ministry of Railways and five each in Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd, Indian Overseas Bank, Indian Bank among others have been recommended punishment, the CVC said in its performance report for October.
"Commission processed 2,914 complaints (including 52 from whistle blower) during the month and sought investigation or factual report in 100 complaints from the concerned ministries or organizations," it said.
The Commission advised imposition of major penalty against 30 officials of various ministries or organisations, which include two Deputy Commissioners from Central Board of Excise & Customs and an Executive Engineer from Municipal Corporation of Delhi, the report said.
The Chief Technical Examiner (CTE) wing of the CVC effected recovery of Rs 43.34 crore after conducting examination of public procurement related works of three government departments during the month.
The CTE has between January and October this year so far effected recovery of Rs 142.89 crore after conducting technical examination of various government departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement