Delhi Assembly adopts vote-on-account
New Delhi: The Delhi government on Wednesday
presented vote-on-account of Rs 30,970 crore that includes a
Plan outlay of Rs 15,000 crore to take care of expenses for
two months till a regular Budget is presented in the House
after the MCD elections.
The vote-on-account, which was passed by voice vote,
includes Plan outlay of Rs 15,000 crore, approved by the
Planning Commission, Rs 15,811 crore as non-Plan spending and
Rs 159 crore of centrally sponsored schemes.
"The Budget estimates for the total expenditure during
the year 2012-13 is Rs 30,970 crore," said Chief Minister
Sheila Dikshit, who also holds Finance portfolio, presenting
the Budget amid noisy scenes by BJP members who shouted
slogans against the government.
"The bifurcation in terms of revenue and capital size of
Budget is 2012-13 is Rs 21,675.47 crore and Rs 9,135.53 crore
respectively," she said.
The BJP members were on their feet since the Assembly
convened and trooped into the Well of the House when Dikshit
began reading her speech in protest against corruption and
non-availability of water in certain areas in capital.
BJP MLA Satyaprakash, who went near the Chief Minister`s
seat when she was presenting the vote on account, was removed
from the House, which was adjourned within 40 minutes after
passing the vote on account.
Dikshit said the proposed budgetary expense of Rs 30,811
crore will be funded from revenue receipts of Rs 31,395 crore.
They include tax revenue of Rs 24,310 crore, non-tax revenue
of Rs 697 crore, other grants from the Government of India of
Rs 1,444 crore, capital receipts of Rs 626 crore and interest
local bodies of Rs 3,993 crore.
Dikshit said she would give a more detailed statement on
the performance policies and priorities at a later stage in
the regular Budget, which is expected be presented in May
after the MCD polls end on April 15.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered